Pupil Premium and Catch-Up Premium
What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. Disadvantaged pupils are those: eligible for free school meals; or who have been eligible at any time in the past six years (Ever 6); those who have been in the care of the local authority and children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces. The Pupil Premium is designed to address the underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
Barriers to Education 2021-22
The barriers and challenges disadvantaged pupils face at Gunnersbury are complex and varied – there is no single difficulty faced by all.
Barriers can include
- Attendance and punctuality issues
- Low levels of literacy and numeracy
- Lack of engagement with their learning in school
- Lack of study facilities at home
- Low self-esteem
- Financial difficulties
- Lack of opportunities to engage in wider enrichment to support their learning
- Gaps in learning due to COVID-19 and the on-going effect on students’ education